After listening to many of his episodes and feeling like I knew him, I had the pleasure of finally meeting Harry Stebbings. What a gem of a human. We got to have a chat for his podcast, The Twenty Minute VC. Check out the episode here.
We covered a range of topics, including:
- The 3 rules to operate remote teams successfully
- Why I believe in the remote + HQ workplace model, and how the tools and culture need to change to make it work
- How fundraising has fundamentally changed due to COVID-19, and what founders can do to build rapport and trust without meeting in person
- How to pick early VCs
- Whether to accept multi-stage, co-lead money at Seed round
- Fun story of how Sequoia won Loom's Series B round
Sincere thank you to Harry for having me on. Give it a listen (at 1.2 or 1.5x 😉) and let me know what you think on Twitter or LinkedIn.